March 26, 2010

Plans

The details of this transition are still gray, but I feel comfortable making the official announcement. Jethro and I are moving to Asheville, North Carolina.

Why Asheville?

Jethro picked up his life and moved to Indianapolis a little under a year ago. At that time we assumed a) I would not graduate until Dec. 2010 and b) he would apply to some Indiana universities and transfer from Ivy Tech once he obtained residency this August. One night in January we were discussing whether we really wanted to live here for the next three years while he finished undergrad. (Once he obtained Indiana residency, we would be in the same waiting boat if we decided to move elsewhere.) I mentioned moving to North Carolina for a number of reasons, not the least of which was my yearn for new surroundings. Not three minutes later we were on the UNC Asheville website and he was applying. Fifty dollars later, the waiting process began. It really was that simple. Asheville was it; there were not any other contenders.

The gray areas?

We are leasing here until September. I need a job. He needs a job. We need a place to live. I am about to lose my insurance. But really, these are all things I'm not exceptionally worried about.

My biggest concern: I am still in the process of landing an internship and that will really determine when I am able to move. AND, they could revoke my diploma if I don't get one in time. That's pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment