March 2, 2010

IND to AMS

I had my final adviser appointment today, the one where we made sure all the required class boxes were checked and that I was set to graduate in May (!!!). To my oblivion, I need eight additional credits to the four I already knew about. This is okay, except I have been anxiously awaiting planning a European expedition that is now in danger of being placed on hold.

Before anyone thinks it, I know I should shut up. I have had my fair share of international travel for this year, but the truth is - traveling is all I think about. I have literally quit all my other passions and began frantically looking at flights, possible routes, hostels, weather conditions and rail passes. I woke up last Wednesday and immediately started searched cheap tickets to Jamaica, for no reason. Traveling has become my addiction, and I must annihilate my bank account to feed the need.

But my research has caused a few issues. How am I supposed to choose a limited number of cities to visit amongst the vast country that is Europe? Which tours should I take? Am I allowed to skip my family Christmas in July to take this trip? There are so many questions, options and scenarios that I have found myself stricken with anxiety.

Recently I recall hearing a woman speak about how the increased anxiety levels of females is directly correlated with the fact that our choices have grown incredibly. I really wish I could recall where I picked up this information, because I want to continue exploring. The psychology of this has never seemed more accurate.

Despite, I am planning this trip because I want to. I will do about anything to get those extra eight credits completed and I won't be surprised if I book the flights tomorrow. I can't quit the travel pipe.







1 comment:

  1. I am jealous of your bravery, your daring.
    Never quit, because someday we're going to travel out of country together, and I'm going to need someone with some experience. haha

    And, I may be wrong, but I remember when we saw Elizabeth Gilbert she spoke about the anxiety women have due to the endless amount of choices now presented us. I still wonder if we can't find a recording of that night. I'll have to look into it.

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete