January 20, 2010

Growing Pains

University students around the world are getting asked the same question:


What is your major?


Followed by,


Ohhhhh, what are you going to do with that?


Here is the deal. I walked up to Jethro yesterday and very seriously looked him in the eyes and said, “Honey, I think I want to be a housewife.” And I’m not trying to get political or harm and deep-rooted feminists, but that is my way of saying “I effing quit!”


Graduate school seems ANNOYING and believe me, that is among the nicer of the adjectives. But I haven’t ruled it out for the future. Getting a job seems SUPER ANNOYING, because I like to take vacations and sleep in and I just can’t really be tied down right now, you know? The truth is, I’m not even looking for a real job at the moment. I’m leaning more toward the idea of taking out mass amounts of loans and buying round trip plane tickets to ANYWHERE.


What do you do with a college degree anyway? Hang it on your wall with pride, showcasing to the entire world that you haven’t slept for four years and you will not, so help you God, forget AP Style?


College education may have its paybacks, but it sure is a pain the ass. Nearly four years in, and I don’t know what I’m doing in six months so stop asking. I’ll buy the freaking T-shirt if I have to: IDK WTF 2 DO. C YA!

1 comment:

  1. 1st. i'm making you that t-shirt. ;)

    2nd. I am so excited about Augusten I could nearly throw up. Which is a stupid thing to do when you're excited, but SERIOUSLY.

    3rd. The beginning/middleish of that book was almost too much for me to handle at points. The middleish/end was Amazing. But that's Augusten for you, right? Make you terribly uncomfortable, and then level you back out, right before he makes you fall in love with him. :)

    Thanks for always knowing about the cool stuff.

    looooove you

    ReplyDelete