September 29, 2010

News Flash:

There are Goodwill stores in this country where you can pay for stuff by the pound.

I recently placed all apartment decorating on hold until I remembered this little secret. Today I purchased

2 large vintage suitcases (one is a tweed Samsonite)
3 picture frames
1 5 X 7 matte
1 muffin pan
1 cake pan
1 12 hook rack (for the entryway)
2 forks
2 large plates
7 hanging files

... for less than $15.

I'll have to head there for my new fall wardrobe if I keep up all this good cookin'.

Today we had some serious rain. As I scurried the few steps home in the evening rain with our sheets, the sound of the laundry door smacking the back reminded me of the bathroom doors at my favorite summer camp. Something about being in this part of the country has made me very nostalgic. I'm a kid again, and this is good.

On not having a job:

"Heeeelll yeah. This is a great place to be unemployed."

Um, YEAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment