September 21, 2010

hearts.

I'm still astounded when I turn the corner and get an eye full of mountains. The 65 degree mornings and evenings sandwich an 85 degree afternoon. Bliss.

In an attempt to embrace the seasons upon us I've purchased a crock pot. I'm also pretty sure that this recipe is perfect for fending off the summer-is-ending blues. Perhaps this year I'll happily embrace fall. All of my actions suggest this possibility. I've made banana bread and shrimp and corn chowder, and Jethro made a whole five quarts of chili. I'm craving hot apple cider and PANTS and even sweaters. (Notice I didn't mention COATS or snow BOOTS or the death of my lovely friend, Sunshine.)

When the leaves change I might lose my mind. I just found an Asheville website that provides a "Fall Color Report," complete with a list of suggested scenic drives to observe.

And last but not least, here's a blog that I love.


This post is choppy but it gave me an idea. I'm going to start a series of posts called 4 Things. Randomly when I get the urge, I'm going to post four things that have made me happy, intrigued me, inspired me or just made me feel goooooood. Feel free to join!

1 comment:

  1. I heart my crock pot.
    Even though I only use it once in awhile, it's totally worth it to come home from work to a house smelling of chili, or pot roast, or... shrimp and corn chowder with fennel? YUM.

    Also, I think 4 Things is genius.
    You are inspiring <3

    ReplyDelete