June 19, 2010

06.19.10

Jethro left for North Carolina this morning to see a good chunk of his friends, attend orientation and (hopefully!) secure a place for us come August. As we approach this move, I have really been considering some changes. I want this new geographical location to signify a lot of things: beginnings, growth, maturity, stability and most of all, Love.

Over the past year or so I've felt pulled toward living a more, excuse the cliche, "green" life. I've made simple changes such as using reusable bags, recycling, donating, biking, printing less, only running the dishwasher when it's full, etc.). But Jethro and I agree that we want to do more. I'd like to make a few more lifestyle changes such as having a garden, eating locally and organically, eliminating waste and buying secondhand. I know this move is a perfect time to incorporate these changes and I'm excited to research. Learning to grow plants is a useful and tangible representation of my yearn to expand my knowledge and experiences in Asheville. The plants grow; I grow.

I'm also looking to be more self-sufficient. I want to cook seasonally and learn how to fix things when they are broken. I'm exceptionally excited to decorate our new place and want to rely on others minimally. I have vision upon vision of things I want to build and transform.

Besides patience, all I really lack at this point is confidence. And today, I know I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment