May 11, 2010

Earth Day 2010

A few weekends ago I shot the Earth Day Festival for school. It was a good event and I probably would have attended had I not been fulfilling an assignment. I, like many people these days, have become increasingly interested in learning how my actions effect this wonderful planet. It's a good bandwagon to jump on.

At one point I was shooting a group of kids playing on recycled instruments. The guy leading was playing on a wooden shoe, and as I have my camera raised ready to shoot this tied-eyed man, I feel a tap on my shoulder.

There's a woman with a round face, thick black eye liner and red lips, outlined in pencil. She is about 5'3" and wearing a faux leopard skin jacket and black pants. She is staring at me, and I don't know why. Do I know her? She looks startled too. Except, she touched me.

"Are you a professional photographer - I mean, obviously you are, I see the camera - but have you ever thought of working on some projects?"

Confusion.

"Well, I mean, I am not a professional photographer at all, actually. I'm here shooting blah,blah,blah. But, if you're looking for someone, for portraits or whatever, I can refer you. I know some people who -- "

"Oh, oh. Never mind. I can tell if I am going to make a connection with someone and -- "

Comprehension.

"Well, what did you see?"

"In you?"

No. In the sky. Yes, in me.

"
Yes, in me."

"You don't know yourself yet. You're young though, so you're in a good place. You've got time. But you don't know yourself yet. Keep looking."

Nodding. This is obvious.

"
And,
you were a man in your past life."

No comments:

Post a Comment